Thursday, September 29, 2011

Tow Mater Cake

Ok, so I know it has been a while since I have blogged!! It has been a crazy couple of weeks... I started a new bakery business and Dawson and I just took a road trip to South Carolina and back! I have had several orders for cupcakes and cupcake pops and have done many for other events that I have gone to in the last couple of weeks. I had one lady email me and ask me if I could do a "Mater cake" from the Disney movie Cars. I had NO idea if I could do a 3D cake or not...so I did a practice round to see if I could do a tow mater cake for this lady... here is what turned out.

Not too shabby... first try for a 3D cake and on a whim..not much prep or anything. It ends up that the lady can't get the cake, but I still did the practice round and now know that I can do it! Lots of new things, but it's so fun!!

I used fondant for the wheels, teeth, eyes, windows and side mirrors. A reeses is used for the engine...twix and twizlers for the tow part in the back. The cake came out of two 9 x 13 cake pans. I cut two inches off each cake lenghwise and then cut those two pieces in half so there were both about 6 in long- those 4 pieces were used for the cab part of the truck. I would probably do it a little different next time, but it's always a learning process!

No comments:

Post a Comment