Wednesday, September 7, 2011

30th Bday Cake


I had my last cake decorating class (well for the basics..) and we had to decorate a cake while in class. Mine and Dawson's friend, Lauren turned 30 just the day before class- so I decided to make her a birthday cake! It is a Strawberry cake with Strawberry filling and a Strawberry Buttercream frosting- TASTY!!

I just learned how to do roses in class this same day, so these roses on here were my first roses to ever do!

Not too shabby I'd say. The other flowers are drop flowers and then I used edible pearls for the center of the flowers to make it "girly"  :) I tried using a glitter gel to go over the writing, but it was way too thin and did not work very well at all! I'll have to figure out another way to use the glitter gel (completely edible!). Anyway, this was my "final" cake for the cake decorating class. I am still working on making cakes and perfecting the designs. Can't wait for the next classes!

No comments:

Post a Comment