Thursday, August 11, 2011

My first decorated cake!

I decided to practice all of the things I learned in my cake decorating class. So, I made a butter cake from scratch, buttercream frosting from scratch, then iced it and decorated it. There are lots of fun tips that we learned from our class that I will share with you throughout the week!

This is the cake after I just iced it with Buttercream icing.


I waited a little bit for the icing to "crust" over and then decorated it.

This is my finished product! I practiced the "star" technique that we learned in class and then took on the dots and the border on the bottom myself. (I think we are learning how to do that the proper way next week!). It has been fun so far and I hope you enjoy all of the tips I get to share with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment