Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Granny's B-day cake

My Granny's birthday was earlier this month, so I decided to test out a red velvet cake recipe and make her a red velvet cake for her birthday!


I used all cream cheese icing (made from scratch) to decorate the cake. I just used the same color and didn't try to color the icing- i'm not sure how that would turn out. I did some leaves, some drop flowers, the border around the top (using tip 3) and border around the bottom (using tip 12) and then used tip 1 to write the "Happy Birthday Granny" on there. The cake turned out to be delicious! Just goes to show that you can make the drop flowers and decorate a cake using color or you can use all the same color and you can still see all of the designs in the decorating.

Happy Birthday Granny!

No comments:

Post a Comment