Monday, December 5, 2011

Polka Dot Cake


A new experiment. This was my first ever 10 inch cake. I tried a new white cake recipe. And the first time to do any kind of fondant bow. So all in all, lots of new things! The cake seemed HUGE! I'm not sure if I like the white cake recipe yet or not, may try a few tweeks to it and see what that does. The fondant bow...well I got a little impatient and didn't let the ribbon pieces dry over night so they don't stand up how I wanted them to, but it was still a good learning experience! There was lots of cake and not many of us to eat it!! My parents were in town, so they had some and then my neighbor came over (who has two boys) so I gave her probably half the cake...and still lots left over. I used brown and turquoise, even though the picture makes the brown look like an army green, ha! It was fun to make!

No comments:

Post a Comment