Saturday, October 29, 2011

Lemon Daisy Cake and Cupcakes


My mom came in town for a couple of days to help me bake! I had to do 4 dozen cupcakes and 3 dozen cupcake pops for a rehearsal dinner, 2 dozen cupcakes for another lady and then my friend, Claire, asked me to make a cake and some cupcakes for her Mother in -law's wedding this weekend.

This is the wedding cake and cupcakes...She wanted a lemon cake with a lemon buttercream frosting. This is a 6 inch cake (they wanted a small cake to keep) with a light yellow frosting and white polka dots with 3 fondant daisys painted with pearl dust to make them sparkle!


She wanted 2 dozen cupcakes with the daisy on them as well. Her colors were yellow, cream, and hunter green. The icing is tinted a very light yellow and the daisy on top is the same daisy that was on the cake. I added some green leaves to incorporated the hunter green in the wedding. I think they turned out pretty cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment